corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Revs take a while to come down!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Revs take a while to come down!
amyspud

User status: Offline
26th Feb 06 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had issues with revs dipping very low (almost cutting out) which I fixed with guidance from this forum, by cleaning the ICV and throttle valve with card cleaner. The revs settle down to 750 / 800 now - great - no more "I think it's gonna cut out". BUT........

When declutching 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd the revs drop really slowly and feeling like I'm slipping the clutch (which I'm not) - it's just that the revs are slow to reduce. I've adjusted throttle cable and there's no slack etc. -

Any ideas how the or why the revsare staying up and coming down slowly? If I change gear slowly then it's a nice smooth change vos the revs hav dropped - otherwise sounds like clutch slippage.

Car a 1.0 Sting 3 cylinder thing.

New Poll