corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » some MOD advice on bumper colour pls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author some MOD advice on bumper colour pls
johnny27

User status: Offline
5th Mar 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a vectra GSi style front bumper for my flame red corsa. Also a combat phase 1 style for the back, btw its not the excat same but just simlar style. Problem is that my current std bumpers and arches are grey/black at the moment, and i really luv that colour style on a corsa, red and black it looks very tidy and orignal, (btw i luv nova's and had them this style as well, IMO the same style looks nice on corsas too.)
So i was thinking to paint either the both bumpers the same black/grey colour as the arches, altough i don't excalty know how it would look on aftermarket bumpers, all i know is that it looked great on std ones and arches.
Second option is to colour code the bottoms of both bumpers, like black at the top and the other 3/4 flame red, i know this would look fine at the front on the vectra gsi bumper as it has a groove/line in it like the std ones where the paint can meet, plus the vectra bumper has simlar style and lines to the corsa bumper gsi but the rear bumper has no groove so the two colours of paint would meet very abruptly. So what do ppl think
either paint all the bumpers grey/black
either paint the tops of bumpers and arches grey/black
Or paint everything red
Does anyone have a photo of a corsa with after market bumpers painted black same as arches? or half black with red?
Thanks
BTW any constructive critism welcome, sorry for the long post, it just hard to describe the question
craig_brux

5th Mar 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id colour code the lot, i dont know anyone that wants black bumpers
johnny27

5th Mar 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just my opinion. I like cars like nova's and corsa's to be moded abit, but to maintain the std lines and looks. Sorta picked up the standard looking bug thing from owning too many novas and hanging around novaload to long lol :-) no offence intended to anyone. Just my style. gotta be some1 else here on the forums who likes this look or style.
craig_brux

5th Mar 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence ment, soz mate..just trana say i wouldnt lol modding is about making it your own..so do what YOU want
johnny27

5th Mar 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't worry did'nt take it that way mate. Yeah i supppose if every one did the same work to their cars it would'nt be modding anymore lol :-) cheers mate
johnny27

6th Mar 06 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone show me a few pics of corsa aftermarket bumpers either black not colour coded or partially colour coded? cheers
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

6th Mar 06 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the style you are talking about
kinda like this

car & pic is by jamesnova, check out some of his pics and topics for ideas etc.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=269183

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
johnny27

6th Mar 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you very much Danny, thats very helpful, cheers :-)

New Poll