corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What is this? EGR Valve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is this? EGR Valve?
therafiman

User status: Offline
17th Mar 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been havin idle problems with my 1.0 12V and after readin thru posts i tried cleanin the afm and disconnecting the icv, no change...so i read bout the egr valve, went outside and pulled out the first plug that i guessed might be the one to that, and voila, it ran fine!

So, what I need to kno is, was the plug i pulled out to the EGR valve or somethin else? i think it is...it goes 2 a big cylinder thing under the bottom of the front of the engine, heres a pic:

Also, if that is the egr valve, will blanking it work? Or should i clean it? Or replace it? And could it be hiding any other problems? Just i've seen so many posts, with so many ppl sayin stuff does and doesnt work, i duno wot 2 try. i need this fixed cos i use the car 4 work, but dont wana do anythin im not sure bout...so any help would b appreciated.
carnuts

17th Mar 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the lambda sensor i think you are pointing to matey you probably need another 1 mine is doing the same thing
therafiman

17th Mar 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eurgh, the problems come back with that unplugged now (altho not as bad) so i'm back 2 square one. altho it is better with it unplugged so i may replace it anyway.

just so i can check it, where would the egr valve connector be?

Hmm lambda sensor u say - what happens if that goes? The symptoms on my car r very rough idling, the idle varies and usually drops every few seconds, and at junctions (or wenever i brake), basically wenever my foot is off the accelerator for more than a second or two. If i rev it gently, it misfires, but it seems if i press it more than a certain amount itll stop and the EML turns off, then wen i stop pressing, it turns on and the idle goes crazy again. Also, it has problems with cold starts and stalls a lot after leavin it a day or two, but if i run it 4 half an hour it gets a lot better. Sound familiar?

[Edited on 17-03-2006 by therafiman]
carnuts

17th Mar 06 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some sypmtoms of the lambda sensor mine mifired on acceleration and idle like shite

New Poll