corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bit of a coolant leak I think on the c16xe...worried?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bit of a coolant leak I think on the c16xe...worried?
calidus

User status: Offline
   10th Sep 06 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right people got a nice simple question for you...I have discovered that after running for a bit my coolant leaks...it seems to be coming from the hose that leads from the rad to round the bk of the block on c16xe...the plastic pipe it slides on to wobbles a reasonable amount, am I right in just suspecting the jubilee wants tightening? or could the plastic chunk be split or broken off? it wobbles but returns so I believe it has a small amount of give...just searching for a worse case scenario, thanks in advance for tedious question
alex_gsi

10th Sep 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plastic pipe wobbles? if thats the case its not bolted to the block correct (am i right) im sure it bolts to one of the gearbox bolts? i have the rail and a newish hose (the 1 that goes from the pipe to the water pump) if you find you need one? also it could be the heater hose thats leaking? they are in the same area so id check them 2!
Robin
Premium Member

10th Sep 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a coolant leak

get it sorted Rob
calidus

10th Sep 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eeeek! Im working on it mr marriott sir! just getting it ready for MOT...runs smoothly and brakes need bleeding though im fairly certain knowing me the hose isnt done up tight enough...i got a pair of steelies here rob to sit ur shell on, so u can flog the compos if need be? theyre 13s and no use to me, should bring them down with mr hayes i think take it the sunshine machines shell is for sale properly again?

New Poll