corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rub strips! my fingers hurt! * pictures of result*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rub strips! my fingers hurt! * pictures of result*
Hoddo

User status: Offline
14th Dec 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the subject of lowering whats the suggested MM considering the use of standard shocks atm?
AdZ9

14th Dec 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you get your plates done? i like it with no rub strips, i still got mine on at the moment, might be a job for the weekend! wat was ur method in the end?
Hoddo

14th Dec 06 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my plates done @ Cheapestplates.co.uk

if you want the font 3/4 size like mine, just request it in the additional information.

My method was for removing the strips were:

a) going to the local hardware store to buy some white spirits

b) heating the plastic strips and slowly peeling them off but sliding a credit card along slowly trying to remove as much tape as possible.

c) after the strip was off, I generously doused the glue in white spirts and press the card against the bodywork and stripped the glue off.

d) it was a case of rinse and repeat of step c, just keep rubbing the glue with a white spirit soaked cloth and stripping with the card.

after I worked out this method it didnt take long at all. and it stopped my fingers hurting to!

after all the glue was off, its a case of t-cutting, but thanx to my car being second hand, its had a side impact and a new set of doors so no fading

good look, and thats for the positive comment
AdZ9

14th Dec 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate! prob do that this weekend, altho i've been meaning to remove the badges on mine for ages and still haven't!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll