corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » pearl paint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pearl paint
adriches

User status: Offline
17th Jan 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it really possible to have just a top coat with a pearl added to the paintwork of a car?
i am intrested in having something done with my paint weather a full respray or metal flake, i have had it priced up @ £800 for metal flake as my paintwork is acording to my bodyshop in very good condition so it would just be actual flakes that would be added

how much compaired to a complete colour change or metal flake top coat would a coat of pearl be? would it be cheaper than flake? around the same as flake? or as much as a re-spray?
also where would i be able to have a look @ different pearls on the net?
ed

17th Jan 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rage seem to think that you can paint thier pearls onto existing paint, however, it depends on what colour your paint is at the moment. If you paint a pearl directly onto your paint you need to have a dark coloured car already. Black ideally.

Also, £800 for a metalflake? Doesn't sound enough, i'd be supprised if the car doesn't come out looking like sandpaper.
ed

17th Jan 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.rage-extreme.com/
adriches

17th Jan 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ed, well im still in the process of getting quotes for work and il work out what i want from there, shortly i will be seeing about getting prices from cosvaux in sheffield aswell as qvr and xquisite

and my car is dark blue

[Edited on 17-01-2007 by adriches]
adriches

17th Jan 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is my car

so a finish like this can be achieved from the car been re laquered with a pearl mixed in with the clear?

[Edited on 17-01-2007 by adriches]
ed

17th Jan 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You ought to be able to do something with a dark colour like that. Rage told me black was the best for thier stuff and thats a pretty dark blue... Might be able to do something with a green pearl - get a sample done first on a spare panel before you do the whole car though!
ed

17th Jan 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House of Kolor do powdered pearls which can be mixed into laquer too...
adriches

17th Jan 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
House of Kolor do powdered pearls which can be mixed into laquer too...

h.o.k uk headquarters is 2 mile from my house, i'l go see them bout it, been in touch bout flakes but only clicked on today that a pearl could be added, this will sound wierd but i want some sort of a lime green
thats the thing i think my paint is a bit too dark and boring, and with only a 1.2 its all show no go, so i fancy doing something

cheers ed

New Poll