corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage / legal info / cohabiting couples

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage / legal info / cohabiting couples
jamesw

User status: Offline
7th Feb 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK - we have now paid for Surveyor to come and check the house out, to cut a long story short her 'rents are kicking up a fuss about things. Mainly for 2 reasons, the 2.5k were using as deposit / to take house of the market is hers. The other problem is as northern rock wont take her mortgage into account (she has temp job) her name wont be on the deeds.

There thinking if we split up or whatever im gonna do a runner with the money. What there wanting to do is write some sort of legal document that would state that if we did seperate, half of the house plus 2.5k would be hers, and the other mine.

This is where it gets more internesting, in a few years time im due 70k, which i will use to may the mortgage off, so the doucment would need to state, if i had made that payment off the mortage, 70k would legally be mine and 2.5 hers, anything more would be halfed.

This is proving to be a right pain in the arse, all because they have kicked a fuss about 2.5k, the only other option I can see is if i dnt involve the 70k in the mortgage.

Anyone got any advice on what is best to do b4 i have to go speak to a solicitor.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 07 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've a number of options, ranging from draft up a document which covers every eventuality to telling them to do one.

Are you planning to go halfs on the mortgage payments?
MarkW

7th Feb 07 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since where were her parents buying the house, you are both old eough to make the decisions, its upto what you and your girlfriend want to do...........
jamesw

7th Feb 07 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, its sorted now - her mother still thinks she his her little girl but she has been told straight and has had to accept it. Yes were going half on the bills and the payments for the mortgage, will prolly sort something anyway but she was screaming wanting it done asap and moaning about this 2.5k deposit.
jamesw

7th Feb 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decitions decitions, the silly bint has now realised that she has shot her self in the foot, and wants to go with our idea of yes just get something basic to say the house should be half half. End of the day i dnt want to be the child but it makes me think if i ever did pay it off why should i back down and not have it included in the contract. Her mother always does this and frankly its really starting to piss me off, even when she was getting her car (old shape tigra) she moaned and moaned she should be getting a brand new car, it ended up at the point where she chose the make and model she wanted her to buy

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by jamesw]
jamesw

7th Feb 07 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have been tlkin and have agreed Holli will speak with her dad (slightly more on planet earth) to have a word with the mother and to tone it down a bit. Staright away she has started saying we want new carpets here and there, and we need a new bathroom suite asap etc etc.

Ive told her to make sure she keeps her big nose out otherwise I can honestly see me telling her to GTFO of my house @ some point
baz2003uk

8th Feb 07 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

INLAWS M8 all part of the package LOL
saying that mine are spot on
Jay

8th Feb 07 at 03:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha sounds promisin already
whitter45

8th Feb 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to your solicitor who will make you a contract you both agree on and both to sign - thus legally binding should anything go wrong

Thats what my solicitor has told me to do should my girl friend ever move in
Fee

8th Feb 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signing something now to say that it is half each is not a problem
If you do then put more money in yourself all you'd need to do is sign up another document with her agreeing what you've put in
jamesw

8th Feb 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool - cheers ppl will go for that

[Edited on 08-02-2007 by jamesw]

New Poll