corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LED Alarm light..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LED Alarm light..
lozacorsa

User status: Offline
4th Mar 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my car nearly got broken into last night and i really need something to deter them... I was thinking maybe a LED style alarm light that flashes when the ignition is turned off.. I will get an alarm in the long run but at least this may make them think otherwise for now.. Anybody wired one up before so that they come on after the ignition is turned off?

Any help will be great!

[Edited on 04-03-2007 by lozacorsa]
Richie

4th Mar 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you do is buy a flashing LED :

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=22905&criteria=flashing led&doy=4m3

You wire the positive wire to a permanent live, and you wire the negative wire to an igntion live so that when you turn your ignition off, the LED can use the earth trickle and it should begin to flash.
pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got one of these wired up to a perm live and ground, where can i grab a ignition lie from? is it safe to wire it live > live?
deano87

4th Mar 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm I was thinking of doing this too - I would have no idea where to start wiring or how.
pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I grabed my wiring from behind the hjeadlight controls and put the LED in the black fog light thiny
nathy_87

4th Mar 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody got a 'tutorial' gudie with pictures on how to do this??
lozacorsa

4th Mar 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been looking around and most people have wired the flashing LED up to a perm live and ground and then just added a 2 point switch so you flick it on when you leave the car.. It seems much easier than wiring it all up to the ignition system etc..
pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what ive done, but I just leave it on now. But i would like to have it so it flasheswhen the key is out. Im just confused as to how it works, live > ing. live?
deano87

4th Mar 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Thats what ive done, but I just leave it on now. But i would like to have it so it flasheswhen the key is out. Im just confused as to how it works, live > ing. live?

I think, live is permanent live, so what keeps the stereo settings etc, basically what is always drawing off the batter. Ignition live is what is getting power then the ignition is switched on/off. Could be wrong though
lozacorsa

5th Mar 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could even wire it to a 9v battery LOL! I got me self a Clifford G5 Blue flashing LED on Ebay and some G5 Window Stickers haaahaa! Should keep the thiefs away witha abit of luck
pow
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by pow

I think, live is permanent live, so what keeps the stereo settings etc, basically what is always drawing off the batter. Ignition live is what is getting power then the ignition is switched on/off. Could be wrong though

I get that, but when you wire summet electrical up, you have to give it power (+12v) and earth (-), but what im questioning is that you'll have live (permanent) and then ingnition live (another live) - no earth in that!
lozacorsa

6th Mar 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good point mate.. I duno what to do...

New Poll