corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » starting prob poss electrics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author starting prob poss electrics
lex2005

User status: Offline
14th Mar 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please help me im having starting/charging issues with my 1.6 16v sport when i turn the key it will turn over for aprox 2-3 seconds before the battrey dying off to the pont it wont evan turn over

no mater how long i leave the car with the alarm on voltage is always 12.4 before i turn the key
after its around the 11.8-12.2 mark
has anybody had this problem or nows anything i may have missed

iv checked all alarm connections/battrey connections/earthing points/ ALL audio disconected and removed and im 100 % baffled

[Edited on 14-03-2007 by lex2005]
DAZ1985

19th Mar 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try charging your battery or get it tested, if that fails then new battery
arbi12

19th Mar 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be connection on starter motor to solenoid, copper conections on thin wires that plug into solenoid corroded, if not could be battery knackered or in need of charge
Rob_Corsa

19th Mar 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by arbi12
could be connection on starter motor to solenoid, copper conections on thin wires that plug into solenoid corroded, if not could be battery knackered or in need of charge

Good advice!

If its at the point wher it wont start rig up some jump leads and try it. If that works you can eliminate the starter/solenoid and is more than likely just a jaffered battery.
lex2005

11th Apr 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a wankerd battery in the end so spunked out for a fontera one and no probs for the last few weeks

New Poll