corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just picked this up today...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just picked this up today...
Dav

User status: Offline
   20th Mar 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Onkyo AVR
Onkyo DVD
Kef 5.1 speaker package
QED HDMI-P (x2)
QED sub cable
QED speaker wire (about a mile and a half! )

Gonna have lots of fun hookin it all up to my TV, tonight hopefully. I'm excited!

Although I'm still waiting on speaker wall brackets from Kef, due on Thursday.

[Edited on 20-03-2007 by Dav]
dave17

20th Mar 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous
_Allan_

20th Mar 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool are these back in stock in Aldi again?

Dom

20th Mar 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody good setup there, let us know what you think of the KEFs - been looking at some for a possible setup but still not 100%.

Oh and get pics
Cosmo

20th Mar 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been spending more and more time over at the AVForums preparing myself for when I move again in the summer!
Colin

20th Mar 07 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this good quality stuff then?? Im in need of a 5.1 setup for my HD telly

How much & where from Dav??
Dom

20th Mar 07 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea its pretty decent gear,
the AVR is around £400
dvd player £130
kef 5.1's £299
QED HDMI-P cable £58 each

for similar prices i would look at denon/Cambridge audio 640R or second hand Cyrus/Arcam. Again similar manufactures for the DVD player.
Speakers, Kefs are pretty decent, though if you have a bit of cash to burn B&W/A&E/Monitor Audio etc Brilliant speakers.
QED cables are one of the best, but you will spend a pretty penny on them
Colin

20th Mar 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So almost a grands worth, think id get a bose lifestyle if I was spending that much.

Unfortunatelly moneys tight just now, so What single box systems are best for under £300
Dav

20th Mar 07 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin, got it all in Hi-Fi Corner on the Cow Wynde. Good guys, very helpful. Dom's obviously shopped there too as his prices are pretty much spot on!
Not had a chance to connect it all up tonight, just took it out the boxes and had a quick check of it.
Unfortunatley I'll not get the speakers properly wired up in place til next week once the wall brackets arrive.

Dom, although I've not wired mine up at home yet I listened to the Kefs in the shops demo room and was really impressed by the sound from them. The B&W's I compaired them too did sound a bit better, but not 3x better for 3x the price. I'm still really pleased I went for the Kefs.

I'll get some pics and better reviews once it's all installed and set up right
Dom

20th Mar 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, no never shopped at Hi-Fi corner (a bit far lol) but had a quick look around froogle and the prices were the cheapest (- P&P obviously).

Were you listening to the B&W MT series? I know there pretty expensive, 900 quid+ but they are suppose to be absolute brilliant (drunkenfool has a set of MT20s i believe, but yet to hear them myself). Still, the kefs do sound pretty good and for £300 you can't really grumble.

Colin, not sure that you can really compare bose to stuff like this, completly different league personally. Plus buying seperates always gives you the chance to upgrade invidual parts.
As for an all in one, not really sure to be honest, perhapps grab a few copies of what cinema/hi-fi and have a look on avforums.com.
Dav

21st Mar 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was the M-1 speakers, can't remember which B&W sub they were paired with tho but they sounded great!
Although I'm sure my neighbours will agree, the Kefs are more than enough for my room!

New Poll