corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » redtop conversion problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author redtop conversion problems
cheeksport

User status: Offline
   15th Apr 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive shaft keeps comin out of the gear box on the drivers side, gettin annoyin, garage say there is nothin wrong with shaft , they reckon its because anti role bar is not fitted and it been droppd 60mm on springs, so its bouncin out as i drive, anyone have any ideas, grateful for any help, cheers

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by cheeksport]
adam_81_uk

15th Apr 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still shouldnt make the drive shafts pop out are u sure u got right length shaft in usually they dont come out easily had to get slide hammer on mine to get em out when i changed box
ed

15th Apr 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to replace the snap ring on the end of the inner CV joint whenever you remove the driveshaft. Try getting a new one and the shaft should stay in place....
cheeksport

15th Apr 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have done all those, the shaft was solid when i put it in place, 3 miles down road and there is no drive, how long is the shaft suppost to be 66mm or 69mm
bubble

15th Apr 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheeksport
drive shaft keeps comin out of the gear box on the drivers side, gettin annoyin, garage say there is nothin wrong with shaft , they reckon its because anti role bar is not fitted and it been droppd 60mm on springs, so its bouncin out as i drive, anyone have any ideas, grateful for any help, cheers

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by cheeksport]

bollox. mine was dropped 60mm with no arb

check c clip on end of shaft. mine popped out cuz was worn
cheeksport

15th Apr 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers scott, got them from ace vauxhall, thats wat they said, ad could'nt figure it out either

New Poll