corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE Turbo

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE Turbo
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Newman do custom cams too, but they're not cheap.

Infact, I would say that Kent and Piper would do it too, as they have decent machinery.
Dean_W

1st May 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin: -

Pistons and management are the biggest problem at the mo. Head has been done already. Mantzel is already on, which helps.

The turbo may be able to be had quite cheap. That has everything needed (supposedly) apart from an intercooler, but, I need to check into that.

Cams, I didn't realise these would have to be custom made. Bugger. Any info on them? Costs, Companies?

Mark: -

I know it hasn't been done much, hence why i'm thinking of it.

If I am going to do it, I want it to be getting done properly. I don't wan't to do it, and be stuck with an unreliable quick car.
Robin
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intercooler isn't that expensive, you could use a frontera one, or just a random one from ebay.

Turbo, I'd only buy reconditioned for a GOOD company, not a wanky ebay one from some random bloke, and make sure it's for a petrol car, not diesel. Don't buy a 'new' turbo from ebay, a lot of the time they're defective.

if you email david@newman-cams.com and ask him how much a custom grind would be, he'll help you out, but they'll be at least £350.

Broster will do the management for you, but it's quite a way from Cheshire...
Vaux Lad

1st May 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure catcams do custom cam grinds for the same price as there off the shelf range.

What turbo are you planning on using, i'd go for a smallish one with minimal lag.
Dean_W

1st May 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin - Cheers for the help. I'll send him a mail in a mo.

Vaux Lad - I'm not sure of which turbo it is yet.
broster
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get turbo kits from mvaux, not amazing quality but itll work, they do pistons etc! we can sort some cams out for you for a reasonable price, and as robin said, management is £1000 supplied fitted and mapped.
broster
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Broster will do the management for you, but it's quite a way from Cheshire...

we had some one from scotland come down for a remap and FMIC on a corsa c20let.....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll