corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting plastic bit of bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting plastic bit of bumper
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
4th Jul 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question, bought a post 97 front bumper for the corsa b and sent it off to be sprayed. The bumper was primed when I bought it and found out today that the people ive sent it to have also sprayed the plastic bit of the bumper where the dimple effect is.
Id read alot of posts on here before about how your suppost to sand down the dimples etc. I asked the guy and hes applied plastic primer to it before spraying but hasn't sanded it down before hand. He's told me that the paint should bond to it fine.
Just wondering what people think, is this likely to peel off everywhere etc?

[Edited on 04-07-2007 by Mike2k111]

[Edited on 04-07-2007 by Mike2k111]
corsa_wes

4th Jul 07 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just from my experience id say it will flake off dude. happened to be with a couple of bits.

im no pro and obviously you'll get ur real answer fro msomebody else on here, but from experience, it flaked off when i did it.
paul.mitchell1984

4th Jul 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv done a set of door cars sanded down the dimples most of the way, plastic primered them high build plastic primer then several coats of paint then looooads of laquer, its done fine for me
Mike2k111

4th Jul 07 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul.mitchell1984
iv done a set of door cars sanded down the dimples most of the way, plastic primered them high build plastic primer then several coats of paint then looooads of laquer, its done fine for me

Yeh thats the sort of method ive read about. I get the impression hes just applied plastic primer and then sprayed. Hes been doing spraying for 30 years so hoped he'd no what hes doing as I havn't got a clue but im fearing now that its all just going to flake off
fuju64

5th Jul 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plastic primer should let the paint stick to it, only thing is ul see the dimple effect through it. i dont think the paint will flake off if he's done a proper jop. i guess if it actually does start to flake off then take it back to the guy

New Poll