corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Trauma Center : Second Opinion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trauma Center : Second Opinion
Marc

User status: Offline
10th Aug 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought it from Asda for £27.71

Not too sure on controls though. You have to select tool with A & B then use nunchuck and move across before you pick it up. Doesn't always work. Need a steady hand to stitch people up too. The operations get harder as you go along. First level involves moving glass from a patients arm and body before stiching them back up.

Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIBcmOVhf2M
AndyKent

10th Aug 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just that crap 'operation' game but watching it on a screen.......can't see the attraction TBH.
Doug

10th Aug 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GF wants this, I will wait for your full review Marcus
Marc

10th Aug 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First proper play and its actually better than my first impressions. The controls definatley need some mastering and you have to be careful not to slip when you have a scalpul in your hand! So far I've treated a motorbike crash victim who had crashed in to a glass door and had lacerations and glass imbeded in his arm and stomach. You have to remove these with tweasors without catching him, followed by cleaning the wound before sewing up, careful not to stab them with the needle, again quite tricky, before bandaging them up. My second operation was to remove a stomach tumour and disenfecting the wound before patching up.

Graphics wise theres not a lot to the game really. Before each operation there is a briefing from your assistant and head surgeon, no animations just still images with text. These graphics are quite good and very much like a Manga cartoon. As for the gameplay graphics, they're quite basic but clear enough to understand what it is you're looking at and still like a Japanese cartoon. I think they work quite well. Theres no real blood and guts its all very clean, its not really what the game is about.

Overall a good concept and some thing that couldn't really be done with a conventional controller to get the same effect.

I still don't know how long the game will keep me entertained, but for under £28 I can't really complain.
AndyKent

10th Aug 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having said the above however, would be a right laugh after a few drinks

See how much damage you can do
Demo

11th Aug 07 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the original on my ds. fucking quality game imo

but i can see your point about having to have a steady hand to stitch people up, thats hard enough with the stylus
Marc

11th Aug 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my 6th operation.

Removed 3 stomach tumours, treated someones throat and removed 5 intestine tumours then I didn't know what to do
Robin
Premium Member

11th Aug 07 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This game sounds wrong
Cosmo

11th Aug 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worry about people thinking they can now perform operations on real people after mastering this game
Marc

11th Aug 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done the intestine operation
Marc

11th Aug 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one crazy game

I've just performed heart surgery I stitched up some lacerations then had to open the patient up. I removed 6 pieces of glass from his heart, cleaned the wounds then stitched his heart back up and it burst open, twice Finally got him stitched up and bandaged, with no mistakes
Hammer

11th Aug 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This doesn't sound very good tbh

How do you get 5 bits of glass in your heart?
Marc

11th Aug 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No time for questions on the operating table Hammer

Just rebuilt a patients arm.
Blade_sri

13th Aug 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i going to get this today, as my wii aint been played on in ages!
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bit gay how you stitch them up, then more wounds explode open all over
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also had my first go of a Wii at weekend. So glad I didn't sell the 360 for one. It's more of a "2nd console" you'd bring out if you had loads of people round. That mario footy game is wank too.
Marc

13th Aug 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose it depends what you want really. I have an XBox and PS2 so this appealed to me more than the 360 and PS3. The other two are better for racing games though, I wouldn't bother with that type of game on the Wii. Shootemups/FPS etc I'd rather have the Wii.
Hammer

13th Aug 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
That mario footy game is wank too.

I hate playing consoles but i can play that for an hour at a time, i wouldn't sit with any xbox game for more than ten minutes without losing interest.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
That mario footy game is wank too.

I hate playing consoles but i can play that for an hour at a time, i wouldn't sit with any xbox game for more than ten minutes without losing interest.

You must be a gayer that likes flapping his arms about tho
Hammer

13th Aug 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be.

New Poll