corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Polishing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polishing
calumll

User status: Offline
28th Aug 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is pretty much pink, been sitting in someones drive for about 6 months now. Also, the black bumpers are a light grey colour now. Can someone tell me:

The best way to get the nice shinny red colour back?

What I need to buy?

Any certain way of doing it?

How to get the bumpers black again? - Someone mentioned a heat gun?

Cheers guys!
corsa1.4

28th Aug 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to get my car back to shine, i first wash it normally just hot water, bossuns shampoo and a sponge then semi dry car with a new sponge, then wax car with amorall car wax then buff up with a polishing cloth, then polish with bossuns 6 month car polish and buff up to a high shine! for the bumpers i use this

it works a treat have a look at my bumpers in hey!! in 'welcome to allcorsa'
and yes heat gus do work just as good but dont hold it on for very long or else you will be forking out for new arches!!

hope this helps, cheers

[Edited on 28-08-2007 by corsa1.4]
Robbbbb

28th Aug 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i just bought a new corsa shell with a nackered engine ready for an xe conversion which was a nice shade of matte pink, it looked like this when i picked it up on friday....

After spending a day and a bit on it with the machine polisher, extensive washing and a couple of coats of wax it now looks like this....

Pictures aren't brilliant but you get the idea, used the normal back to black stuff for the bumpers/trims, not a bad result really, isn't perfect by any means but looks an awful lot better than it did, nice and smooth and glossy red now.

Rob
calumll

28th Aug 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats pretty good man! So basically give it a wash and dry and put polish on?

Had a quick check on ebay... is this worth getting? - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARMOR-ALL-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-CAR-CARE-KIT-RRP-29-95_W0QQitemZ120153044628QQihZ002QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or is t-cutting better?

cheers
Robbbbb

28th Aug 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant really say to be honest as i've only ever used t-cut! so it wouldn't be fair to make a comparison.

I clean the car over initially with just water to get loose dirt etc off, then i go over it with shampoo of some description, rinse it off again with water.

Clay bar the whole car until its smooth like glass to the touch, then i applied the t-cut with a proper application pad on my electric spinny buffer thingy.

Once the whole cars gone over, buff off with the fluffy buffing pad, again on the machine polisher, give it a rinse and chamois down then apply by hand a couple of coats of wax. It's practically the same ritual i follow everytime when the car really does need a proper clean and has always given me decent results to be honest.

Very hard to tell in pictures but it has come up excellent, it originally was a hell of a lot worse than it looks in the before pictures, and it now seems a lot better than it looks in the after pictures

Rob

[Edited on 28-08-2007 by Robbbbb]
Mertin

28th Aug 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a heat gun for the bumpers or autoglym bumper care

I used meguiars tech wax this weekend and it worked well on bringing the paint back to red. Meguiars three stage is also meant to be good
Fonz
Premium Member

28th Aug 07 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant beat this http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=353412

[Edited on 28-08-2007 by Fonz]

New Poll