corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Second opinion needed (PC Hardware)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Second opinion needed (PC Hardware)
dannymccann

User status: Offline
21st Oct 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my PSU has died. Its one of those HiperX ones thats a modular PSU and was around £70 when i bought it. Tried to turn PC on this morning but nothin is happening. Usually have red lights and all sorts on inside the case even if the PC itself isnt turned on. My thoughts would be PSU and i cant see any burnt components or anything so thats my guess. Any tests i can do before i shell out for another PSU?

Cheers
Deadude

21st Oct 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect all power from it give it 10 mins and try again also unplug everything except the on button and motherboard power cable just incase something is causing a short
dannymccann

21st Oct 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it all open, and just seen the light is still on the back of the PSU, so thats working. ive unplugged everything attached to the PSU apart from the motherboard and still no life, so its new mobo time i think again, this is the 3rd in a year

[Edited on 21-10-2007 by dannymccann]

New Poll