corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air Mass Meter ...as always.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air Mass Meter ...as always.
Seirrah

User status: Offline
17th Dec 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 12 months ago my car had a lot of hesitance. I was told I had to replace the Air Mass Meter, and the best place was ebay as you could get a part for £40 or so. I bought one. It worked fine for a week or two but was then back to have hesitance and flat spots. I've 'coped' with this until now. Recently my car won't even start with the Air Mass Meter plugged in. When it's disconnected it the car starts and runs just how it has been for the last 12 months (or maybe a little worse). It just goes to show that the AMM I bought from wasn't doing its job at all.

The question is what should I do now. Vauxhall will charge me £264 just for the part! Surely there must be a cheaper option. If I buy another part from ebay it might just be a cheap replica...or was it just my bad luck and I really did have a genuine Bosch part??

Torsa g

17th Dec 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try autovaux
johnhara1

17th Dec 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try scrapyard or the classifieds section on here or migweb.

Autovaux will be cheaper than vauxhall but still expensive.
Seirrah

17th Dec 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys. Can I assume that Autovaux sell genuine parts and the parts for £30-4 on ebay are all just crap?
Seirrah

20th Dec 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found one on Autovaux for £77. I've no changed the Air Filter for a while...is it worth sticking a new one in?
Dean_W

20th Dec 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it runs better with it unplugged, that must be the problem. Regardless of if the air filter is no good or what not.

I'd get one from Autovaux. Their parts are usually vaux stuff in non vaux packaging.
Seirrah

20th Dec 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the car won't even start with it plugged in. Without it plugged in it runs but it is hesitant and has flat spots etc.
I'll probably just whack in a new air filter at the same time.

New Poll