corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE Corsa help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE Corsa help please
Dave McB

User status: Offline
15th Feb 08 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a corsa we are toying around with (iv just bought one possibly to do a similar thing) and it has 3 problems which id like to ask about.

1.It has a flat spot/holds back between 3-4k revs and splutters a bit on idle. We tried the corsa ECU fault code check which came up on the wee display as 12 and 95 (low voltage on Hot start valve) i think it also flashed 14 (coolant temp sensor voltage low) the other day, butisnt doing it now (possibly an old fault code)

Will any of these affect (or all 3)the flat spot, or does anyone have any ideas on how to cure it? The car runs a cone filter which i believe may lead to management issues (it did on my old cavalier)
BUT
After 4k, it seems to rev/pull fine......just between 3+4k thats the issue....

2. The steering constantly pulls to the left. I dont think the previous owner checked tracking and alignment when conversion was done, and the steering is very vague (TRE's seem fine)
The car is lowered about 60mm. Should i try raising it with a -40mm spring and get alignment/tracking done or does anyone think it could be the rack or something?

Suggestions on a postcard...well, a post anyway....
craig_s

15th Feb 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) an xe does not have a hot start valve so it can't be that.could be temp sensor though they play up quite a bit.

[Edited on 15-02-2008 by sri power]
Torsa g

15th Feb 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^

CTS deffinatly
Dave McB

15th Feb 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres hoping its the CTS. I think the person who previously owned it is running without either a cts or a rad temp senso cos the fan is hot wired and the temp guage dont work
Steve X16XE

15th Feb 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the 3rd problem???
craig_s

15th Feb 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the plug is on the temp sensor.then go inside the car where the ecu is and check the solid green wire on the green plug(xe loom side) is connected to the solidgreen wire on the black/grey plug(car loom side)that is for the temp sensor.
Dave McB

15th Feb 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a peek tomoz in daylight.

Thanks for ur help guys.

New Poll