corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hot Relay in a 106?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hot Relay in a 106?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Feb 08 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive put a relay in the right place for my GF's electric wndows, but at the moment don't have the looms/motor in the door. The switches are in, so when they arent pressed, no current should be going to the doors.

BUTT, the relay gets quite hot when the engine is started (none of the others do) - hot to the touch but wouldnt burn you. The wires going into/outof it are ever so slightly warm (i could even just be feeling the warmth of the relay) so im just wondering if this is dangerous?

Is it right or is it a dodgy relay/dodgy wiring (shouldnt be, its in the standard loom )

TIA
DAZ1985

16th Feb 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd try another relay. sounds fooked to me
pow
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really... ummm... got it spanking new from Pug...
pow
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bttt for anyone?
pow
Premium Member

17th Feb 08 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone, please

New Poll