corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » amp cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author amp cutting out
J8YJJ

User status: Offline
13th Mar 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all

ive got a kenwood 1000w amp running in my corsa and when i turn it up after about 2 mins it just cuts out and blows the inline fuse does anybody know what this cud be because its only its turned up as if its on quietly it stays on but the minute its turned up it blows the fuse

cheers jay
Shane

13th Mar 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase the amp cant handle the power your trying to get out of it, turn everything down on the amp, yes it will be alittle quieter but it wont blow fuses, also check your earth
luke85

13th Mar 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what wiring kit and fuse are you using?
J8YJJ

13th Mar 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi the amp can handle it easy as its only turned upto a quarter max

the cable i think is 8awg but will have to check it has only started doing it recently but the amp has got a bult in fan and the amp is now mounted to the back of the box between the sub box and the back seat cud this be causing it to blow fuses or not.

sorry for the paragraph lol
sand-eel

13th Mar 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would use 4gauge wireing and whats the wattage of the sub? what ampage is your wiring fuse? also what ampage is your amp fuse?
luke85

14th Mar 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its anywhere near 1000W RMS then 8AWG wire isnt enough, whats the RMS of the amp? could you post the model number for us?
Pucci1

14th Mar 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let the amp breath!

check your earths as well
eug

14th Mar 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the amp 500 rms 1000 max power? i had that amp in my car running a focal polyglass v33 and if i thrashed it, it blew fuses in the wire not the amp and had 4 g wire on it with power cap. check the ohms of your sub and let it breath try lay it flat too

New Poll