corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear oil change.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear oil change.
corsa_would

User status: Offline
17th Apr 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey folks, was wondering where i would get the correct gear oil from for a corsa b C12NZ engine, as it says in the haynes manual that i need a specific vauxhall type and also i think i need to have a new diff gasket or something. wanting to have a stab at it myself.

either that if i took it into a garage would thay have all the said oils and stuff and what kind of cost would i be looking at?? i have side skirts on the car so i think that would be a problem getting it jacked up also.

any help would be great folks
swill_omnibus

17th Apr 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local garage charged my in the realms of £15-30 if i remember correctly.

They'll either work round it or they'll jack it up via the car axle. But 2bh they will probably use the ramps if anything as it'll be easier is say.

If you we're to have a bash yourself, i would rather put vauxhall specific in the gear-box compared to "Bob's oil" from down the road as you never know really.
corsa_would

17th Apr 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think i'll find a more up market garage cuz you never know what oil, as you say they could be putting in there, i'll mayby get the gear linkage sorted out whilst am there.

just that i get problems selecting 1st and 2nd gears sometimes.
swill_omnibus

17th Apr 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines the same cept it's reverse (lift up) and first, not much but it's still there.

If anything source your own bits and just ask them to do it, you know whats going in there then

New Poll