corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CV Joint for corsa c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CV Joint for corsa c
yellowcard

User status: Offline
25th Apr 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend took her car to a garage because her right cv joint was faulty ( made clicking noices when she turned sharply left)
They replaced it for her but with the wrong part.
After a week of driving it around she took it back in for them to put the right part on and now they are saying that her left cv joint is faulty.
My question is is it possible that the reason the left cv joint has failed because they put the wrong part on the right had side?
Any advice would be great.
cheers
Joe

25th Apr 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it won't have affected the other side. The clips have probably come off the boot which is a common problem and they have lost the grease which wrecks the joint.

Out of interest, how did they fit the wrong part?
yellowcard

25th Apr 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how they did it. All i know is that when she took it out straight after they fitted it she still had the dodgy noises when she turned left. They then checked the part they had fitted and realised that it was the wrong one.
So she is going to have to pay for the left side aswell. I thought it was a bit of a coincidence that the left one went straight after she had the wrong part fitted.
thanks
Joe

25th Apr 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds pretty dodgy really, generally i'd say if the part was wrong it physically wouldn't have fit. You sure they just didn't diagnose the wrong side and saying that as a cover up?
yellowcard

25th Apr 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what you mean.
Thanks for your help mate.

New Poll