corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Good sounds without amps.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good sounds without amps.
Dom H

User status: Offline
19th May 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's best? I'm just wanting nice fronts and a decent head unit. Will I be able to get reasonably good sound from this? I don't want miracles, just something that I can have loud without distortion. I would like to feel it as well as hear it at some point I suppose, so will get hold of a sub eventually. What can everybody recommend?
Dom H

19th May 08 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually if someone can persuade me to run an amp with some quality door speakers then please do.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th May 08 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run an amp with some quality door speakers

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
FAZ
Premium Member

20th May 08 at 06:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i was in the same boat, wanting loud but without these amp thingy me jigs, but how wrng was i? wired in a small toxic tx500 (£40) and oh how much louder that is, im using vibe slick 50s (70 rms), kenwood headunit (4x45wrms), amp is a 500 watt jobby, brilliant value, simple and with loads control
Dom H

20th May 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
run an amp with some quality door speakers

Will do.
Dom H

20th May 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thrill1258
yea i was in the same boat, wanting loud but without these amp thingy me jigs, but how wrng was i? wired in a small toxic tx500 (£40) and oh how much louder that is, im using vibe slick 50s (70 rms), kenwood headunit (4x45wrms), amp is a 500 watt jobby, brilliant value, simple and with loads control

Cheers mate, that's good to know. I'm gonna look into it.
Kevxx

20th May 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is adding low end bass making it louder?
i'm pretty sure it's adding the bass that is missing from the high end speakers your using..

if you want a good sound system, get one
Dom H

20th May 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really am such an amature when it comes to sound systems mate.

Kevxx, can you reccommend a good amp and 2 front speaker set up that I can pick up online.
FAZ
Premium Member

20th May 08 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.caraudiosecurity.com i know its a tad expensive, but everythings there and you can search for the same products, cheaper elsewhere
Dom H

20th May 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What throws me is that if a headunit is 4x50w, what does the amp do if it's 2x50w, like the Vibe Blackbox http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2515.html

Sorry if that's a stupid question.
FAZ
Premium Member

20th May 08 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing i think, but for that price (£65) you can buy the toxic tx500 for £45 at http://www.hypereshop.com/toxic-tx-500-3164-p.asp, sorry t keep banging on about it, but it really is that good value for money

New Poll