corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coilovers.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers.
thegsi

User status: Offline
28th Jul 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FK have a Coilover kit for Corsa's with 2l conversion. Would this be a uprated spring poundage and shocks to match? Any other kits or coilover sets people would recommend for Corsa B's with 2l engines? or any feedback on FK?

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by thegsi]

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by thegsi]
Steveocee

28th Jul 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure why they have different weights on a 2ltr opposed to a standard engine, i thought coilovers were designed to deal with everything. Not an area of expertise for me.

However drawing from feedback from other FK users they can be quite a mixed bag. The CCUK people swear by FK's but do tend to have "seizing" issues of not well protected but alot of the AOC people will warn to stay away from FK as they are a "budget" brand.

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend and whether you plan on changing the heights easily and often or rarely and with difficulty.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Jul 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have driven a 2l corsa with an FK kit on designed for the Xe conversion

I wasnt impressed. reminded me of when my dampers were knackered on my Xr2i back in the 90's.
andyc1234

28th Jul 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get some bilsteins. theres some for sale on here. not sure if they come with 2.0 springs but its not much for them
thegsi

29th Jul 08 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

I wasnt impressed. reminded me of when my dampers were knackered on my Xr2i back in the 90's.

I did U2U you about a kit but you never replied
DaveB

29th Jul 08 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

I've got the FK silverline kit, and replaced the FK springs with 300lb jobbies from Chris Astley. It certainly doesn't drive like an xr2i with knackered shocks. it's lurvly

New Poll