corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tax ahs just run out - advice...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tax ahs just run out - advice...
moka

User status: Offline
   2nd Oct 08 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got to work this morning and realised my tax is out of date. It ran out 3 days ago. I want to know how long have i got or is it too late? I will buy tax today online most probably.
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Oct 08 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it from post office today, there and then then you wil be taxed
johnhara1

2nd Oct 08 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your spotted it's at the officers discression. He can impound your car. Tax it online then if you get pulled tell them it's in the post and they can check it on their computer.
moka

2nd Oct 08 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they not give you a few days to sort it out?
johnhara1

2nd Oct 08 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be 14 days mate (i think)

You need to get it renewed asap before you find the £80 fine in post.
Kevxx

2nd Oct 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no grace anymore, i had a nice arguement with Dvla about that
Ste L

2nd Oct 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get 5 days - IF you do it online..
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Oct 08 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus having no tax is also a different offecne to not displaying a tax disc so if you use the old in the post line they can also fine you for nto having it on display
moka

2nd Oct 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i have have 2 days left? I was going to go to the post office after work but if ill get it online if thats the case?

little confused, post office after work or online?
Ste L

2nd Oct 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but it takes a few days to come, so, technically, you'll be without tax for how every many days after the two days it takes to get to you
oceansoul

2nd Oct 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I taxed my suzuki on the 30th, but had to do it online, so atm its siting at my house. Taxed but without a valid tax disc on display. If the DVLA van drives past you'll be fine as it will show on the system as being taxed. This is the same case with one of our work vans, all the vans are registerd to head office so the TAX discs get sent there. Thing is our sherpa's tax expired end of July!! Its been taxed but head office havent sent out the actual disc yet. Its been used on the road many times without problems though.

Personally i think that the actual disc should be abolished and have taxation just on the database. That way if you tax online you dont have to be wait for the disc to come. Should still be able to tax in all post offices though, just update the Database....no need for Discs..

New Poll