corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Getting a bit more ooomph!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a bit more ooomph!
DJ_SmokeyJoe

User status: Offline
   17th Oct 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, my Corsa seemed as if it was possesed the other day when I started it up and this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/v/5hxEAxykK8I

It was just revving itself up, although the throttle linkage was not moving! Must be something to do with the ECU. I reckon it reset itself due to the battery being dead could be wrong though, my mate reckons its Optimus Prime...

Anyway, I have a new battery on the way and would like to get some more oomph from the little thing. I was going to get an airbox off eBay, drill it and put a high flow panel filter in it, but I want my insurance policy to stay valid, just in case - I'm on the insurance with my Mum due to me having an LC20 conviction and a previous claim when my bike was stolen! My premium in £1400 TPF&T and while its in my Mums name he wants the car to be kept "standard" lol. Anything else I can do? High performance spark plugs etc? I'd do the exhaust but I couldn't blag why the car sounds like a scooby at least with the airbox i CAN keep the revs low to keep the noise down...

PS. My electric windows have BOTH just stopped working at the same time - its not a blown fuse, I checked that yesturday, any ideas on this front?

Thanks, Joe.

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by DJ_SmokeyJoe]

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by DJ_SmokeyJoe]
Kenzie

User status: Offline
17th Oct 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can keep the noise down with a full exhaust system too.

I have a full Scorpion and you cant even tell its on when im pottering around.

New Poll