corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car broke down last nite...what wrong????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car broke down last nite...what wrong????
taz-3457

User status: Offline
25th Oct 08 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so firstly i should give some detail of the car its a 96 corsa 1.2 8v engine so i take it is carbd and has no ecu yes???

i was driving down the road last nite down 30mph in 5th gear and i felt al lose in power and my power steering go. then i dropped it a gear to fourth, third, second and first gear but still no power so i pulled in at the side of the road. waited a minute then started it again and it was ok, then got about a quarter of a mile down the road and the same thing happened so i parked it up in a car park and a friend came round. now we didnt do anything as it was pitch black but if i got it started then it would run ok for maybe 1 minute then running as if its off a cylinder and then going back to normal and doing the same thing for the same length of time.

Could this have been dirty petrol or would it be something to do with the carb what do you think???
Kurt

25th Oct 08 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a carb.. its single point injection.
taz-3457

25th Oct 08 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o rite i thought they were the same lol what do you think could be wrong??
taz-3457

26th Oct 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^
Kurt

26th Oct 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be anything.. checked the water and oil? plugs? leads? is it a distributor model? idle control valve?
taz-3457

26th Oct 08 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plug leads go into a square box not a round 1.... i took the cover off the throttle body and i was watching the injector squirt the fuel in and it seemed like it was spraying to much fuel everytime it chokes itself and then next time when i tried to start it the injector sprayed alot of petrol out around the engine... what could be the problem could i just need to replace the injector or how do i no if there is a idle control valve in my car and how hard is it to replace?????

New Poll