corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » L Reg Corsa Check engine light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L Reg Corsa Check engine light
craigz1999

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi to all.
I'm new to this forum and hope you can help. I have a 94 L reg 1.4 corsa. I was driving home the other night and the engine warning light came on. The car appeared to lose power so I stopped and pulled up. I went to re start and it would not fire.
I had a friend of mine check the car and he says there is NO SPARK. So after checking leads etc I changed the coil. This didnt solve anything. Then checked the Ignition Unit and replaced that. Still no Spark. I am hoping someone could tell me what could cause this problem before I go changing everything at high expense for such a cheap car. Is there any sensors such as Lamba that could cause this, Crank angle or MAF?
Hoping to hear back in advance.
Craig

New Poll