corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Check engine light and speedo cable - linked?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Check engine light and speedo cable - linked?
retromotoring

User status: Offline
25th Feb 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys - nice forum!

I've got an M-Reg Corsa 1.2, it has done 106,000 miles. I was out in it last night and the speedo needle suddenly dropped to zero, so I assume the cable has broken or something. That's fair enough, it doesn't look too bad in the Haynes manual (if there's any advice you can give though it'd be much appreciated).

A couple of minutes further into the journey the orange "check engine" light came on. Car felt exactly the same, no loss of power etc etc. On the return journey home, the car started OK, the light stayed off, until after about 6 miles (ten minutes or so) when I lifted off to take a slip road, when it came on again.

Are the two related? Is the light linked to the speedo drive in any way, or is it coincidence and I now have two things to fix?

Thanks!
matts_16v

25th Feb 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate..when my speedo cable went on mine, the managment light came on and the engine kept cutting out. new cable on and it was fine.
retromotoring

25th Feb 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh... That's interesting. Hopefully it'll get me to work and back this week and I can sort it next weekend. Thanks!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Feb 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is help zone invisible?

and yes, the 2 are linked. the VSS (vehicle speed signal) is produced by the speedo so if that goes, so does the VSS
retromotoring

25th Feb 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I searched the whole forum and couldn't find any threads that answered my question, and I didn't realise that I'd posted in the wrong place. Sorry. Feel free to delete this thread and thanks for your help!
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Feb 07 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved

New Poll