corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how offten dose a fuel gauge go wrong

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how offten dose a fuel gauge go wrong
dorward

User status: Offline
9th Dec 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just woundering how offten the fuel gauge gos wrong because i put £15 in the tank and its says i have got half a tank and i have been driving around for a few hours any one know what it could be? or is just me been paranoid lol
12vMatt

9th Dec 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre never totally accurate. how much petrol was in it before?
dorward

9th Dec 08 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was just a little bit into the red mate, a think it might just be me been daft lol cheers mate
chris_gilly

9th Dec 08 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find mine always moves depending on the road if im going down a hill ive got loads etc etc! they just dont read right! best thing to do is to just stop an a flat surface for a while to get the most accurate reading! or yes it could be stuck the float
alan-g-w

9th Dec 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine changes when I'm going up and down hill as well.

Once brimmed it, drove to edinburgh and the gauge said I'd only used about 10% of the fuel. Then when I got back the gauge was reading half full

And I've ran out of petrol 3 times mine's that bad. Absolutely no accuracy when it's low.
chris_gilly

10th Dec 08 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought my engine was drinking petrol the way the guage stays high for ages then sudenly drops!! ive lernt not really to bother using it unless ive been stood stil on a flat surface or some time!!

New Poll