corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drivers side Lock/Deadlock/Alarm *HELP*WITH PICS*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drivers side Lock/Deadlock/Alarm *HELP*WITH PICS*
Chris x

User status: Offline
18th Dec 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hlo Guys,

Over the past month its been harder turning the key from the unlocked posistion | to the deadlocked/alarm activation posistion -

The past couple of days when locking the car there has been a nasty snapping sound as if the key is hiting a part inside and casuing damage. I was locking the car earlier and something sounded like it moved/snapped.

The car will only let me remove the key in the - posistion and no longer the |

The car will not deadlock or activate the red light under the hazard switch.

Is this a common fault, does anyone no how to fix it? Guess im going to have to remove the doorcard and take the handle out. Anything I should look for?

All help would be great as im well pissed of about this!

Cheers!

[Edited on 21-12-2008 by Chris Corsa B]
Chris x

21st Dec 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have taken the lock out of the car after reading the related thread at the bottom and have come accross a few problems.

I took the lock out and have somehow managed to snap a yellow pastic part which I think connects two rods together. Can anyone confirm this? It looks like a bastard to connect back together!

Also I have managed to activate the deadlock and the alarm. So whenever I open the door the alarm sounds. I cant disactivate as the barrel is out of the door. I saw a micro switch which I thought activated/disactivated the alarm and have tried pushing it but nothing happens! I need the car tomorrow for work so please help lol!

I have included pictures below ...

The plastic yellow part with the lock:

The car looking sorry for itself (needs a wash):

All help would be great! Thanks

Chris x

22nd Dec 08 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump!

New Poll