corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PSU Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PSU Help
Darren

User status: Offline
   21st Dec 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive got an oldish P4 dell tower desktop which ive upgraded the graphics card but it needs about 300 more watts than the current psu supplies.

What exactly am i looking for? Do all PSU's have universal fitiment or how do i know which sort i need?

If anyone fancies pointing one out, i need one with over 550w. Nothing fancy though, dont use it enough to justify spending a lot on big names.

Ta very muchly

[Edited on 21-12-2008 by Darren]
Aaron

21st Dec 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got a 600w for sale if you're interested.

Its a Silver Power SP600A2C. Perfect condition and has been used for about 6 months. I've got the box etc.

i'm thinking about £30 + postage
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Dec 08 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to know how many amps the card requires on the 12V rail. If you post what card it is then I'll look it up.

For the time being do not do anything too strenuous with your PC, I wouldn't even play a video if you've put a graphics card in with a massively underpowered PSU.

Think of the PSU like the engine of a car, it's needed to make the whole thing work, and if you try getting more than it can produce out of it, you will break it. You need to set a rough budget, but you always get what you pay for so it is worth getting a decent brand if you've just spent good money on a graphics card.

If you need over 550w then it sounds like a pretty beefy card. If you could post up what processor you have as well then that would be awesome. You can find out the model by right clicking on My Computer, clicking Properties, going on the Hardware tab and then clicking Device Manager. There will be a sub-section for Processors, expand it and it will tell you what it is. I'm pretty sure that's how to bring it up, I have Vista so that's just from memory.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll