corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tacho wire need pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tacho wire need pics
Steveocee

User status: Offline
   10th Feb 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, i'm at the point of being able to fit my new clocks (4 dial ones rather than horrible 3 clock ones) and i have run the cable down to the ecu but i cannot for the life of me figure out which cable i need to cut into

Can anyone supply a picture of the blocks and circle the correct wire i need to tap onto?

The car is a 98 merit with electronic driven clocks.

Any help would be......well.........helpful
DaveyLC

10th Feb 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITs the green wire Did you cut the connector off the car you got the new clocks from becuase you need to remove the green wire pin and put it into the connector on you car
Steveocee

10th Feb 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
ITs the green wire Did you cut the connector off the car you got the new clocks from becuase you need to remove the green wire pin and put it into the connector on you car

There's more than 1 green wire

Which connector? The tutorial says theres 2 connectors which meet and the wire is 1 side and the wire doesn't continue, i was planning on just removing it from the first connector and wiring straight through.
DaveyLC

10th Feb 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need the single green wire for the tacho.. I've done the same thing on my merit.. The connector that goes to the back of the dash you need to add the green wire, then on the connector down by the drivers side kick panel you'll find the green wire goes to one side.. You need to splice it in there or add the pin if you got that connector too... IF you've got the electronic speedo dash you are going to need to add the blue/red wire too and make up a loom for the transducer..
Steveocee

10th Feb 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O oh, well so far i've made a pin to sit on the connector behind the clocks (5th in from the top left like the tutorial said) and then i was under the impression i could just link straight up onto a pea green cable at the ecu?

I was hoping for it to be as easy as finding the pea green cable and baring back and linking onto it.

Whats this stuff about transducers?
Steveocee

10th Feb 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

** Sorry when i say electronic i don't mean digital, i mean clocks with no cables driving them**
DaveyLC

10th Feb 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you already have clocks with out a cable drive?

Yep you can link the green wire straight to the ECU, the wire should be down in the drivers kick panel..
ChrisBoom

10th Feb 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a few green wires yeah, but they have patches of other colours, the one you want is a solid pea green wire.
Steveocee

10th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Did you already have clocks with out a cable drive?

Yep you can link the green wire straight to the ECU, the wire should be down in the drivers kick panel..

Yeah i already have the electronic style clocks without cable drive. It's findinf the kick panel cable i'm having problems with.

I think chrisboom may have answered my question
(no offence davey)

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by Steveocee]

New Poll