corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what can be done for £500 to improve the performance and look of my gls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what can be done for £500 to improve the performance and look of my gls
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
12th Feb 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay guys basicaly i got a 5dr gls with x14xe i have already de badged the car and its got astra gsi blades on it, im slowly replacing the nsf door and re spraying little bits of it. Now im after a bit more performance and a little bit better look. Now i dont have shed loads to spend on it. The cars spec engine wise so far is power box, de restricted air box drilled with pipercross panel filter (have got a pipercross cone filter) janspeed center and rear and hoffman 200cpi sport cat. Cars not really that quick quite slow tbh does kick more now since i fitted the inlet manifold.

So any ideas people?

*warren (mate from work) if you look at this dont be a dick head ok*
Adam_B

12th Feb 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it mapped? swap to a 1.6?
am4nf

12th Feb 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered?
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant put a 1.6 in it and i have to have a 5dr as i got a baby on the way which i why i need my 5dr
swill_omnibus

12th Feb 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask WarrenG from here for an uprated flywheel, that should deff improve acceleration and de-acceleration

And how about a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold to complement the sport cat etc
swill_omnibus

12th Feb 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for body looks, could always subject things like the badges and bump strip to a heat gun and get a smoothed look? And if your arch trim isn't colour coded put the heat gun on them to get them blacker again
Sean-B

12th Feb 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for looks a gsi rep will always look good, especially in carabic blue.

performance wise the janspeed 4-2-1 made a nice difference to mine. after the manifolds have been sorted. cams and a remap seem to be the next stage up
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a almost new 14xe flywheel sitting in my room need to get it lightened and ballanced. As to the body work, i have already sprayed the rear bumper and the rear arch trims need to do front bumper and front arch trims, its already got the bump strips taken off.. I'll get a pic up of what it looks like atm.

I did used to have a 4-1 exhaust manifold but it was crap and its oxygen sensor was only running off cylinder 3 which cooked one cat. Was thinking about the janspeed 4-2-1 which looks nice and uses all 4 cylinders to measure the oxygen sensor.
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know where to get a set of cam's and a re map with prices?
Sean-B

12th Feb 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
i got a almost new 14xe flywheel sitting in my room need to get it lightened and ballanced. As to the body work, i have already sprayed the rear bumper and the rear arch trims need to do front bumper and front arch trims, its already got the bump strips taken off.. I'll get a pic up of what it looks like atm.

I did used to have a 4-1 exhaust manifold but it was crap and its oxygen sensor was only running off cylinder 3 which cooked one cat. Was thinking about the janspeed 4-2-1 which looks nice and uses all 4 cylinders to measure the oxygen sensor.

yea its much better than a 4-1 design as improves the midrange which is more usuable power! and yea the lambda sensor draws off all 4. only down side is it doesnt look as nice as the raceland manifold on ebay
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

know where to get cams, remap and exhaust manifold for not to much?
DizzyRebel

12th Feb 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell it and buy a vectra sri v6. much better family car.
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is but i dont have 3k odd to throw at a decent vecky anymore.. moneys blody tight so just want a bit more performance ou of my lil car
DizzyRebel

12th Feb 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get a vectra V6 for under a grand now, you could get a gsi for £1500...
Richardhhha

12th Feb 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always someone who says get another car... when people ask for advice on what they can do to there car give it to them and dont tell them to get another car. yes it would be nice to get another car with a bigger engine but i cant afford it ATM and im not gona get a v6 vecky thats done 130k or more as there isnt hardly any about full stop that have done medium milage for that price
and all the ones that have done medium illage are about 200 odd miles away from me...
DizzyRebel

13th Feb 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ask for advice on what to do to your car, your trying to turn your daily runabout and dads taxi into a sportier car thats going to go against the ethics of buying a small economical 4 door in the first place.

Do yourself a favour and think about cost effectivness for once. You say your strapped for cash so dont make the fatal mistake of blowing it all on a car your never going to get it bk from. Ask yourself this; Can you actually look out of your window at your car and think 'oooo i cant wait to go for a drive in that sleek vehicle' or do you look and wonder why you even bother putting petrol in it?

Be sensible, instead of wasting indespensible money on cheap mods to make your shopper something it will never be. Put your money into a better car to start from, and dont let milage put you off - my mates got a v6 vectra on 235k and its still going strong. a V6 vectra would be a much more sensible and cost effective option, you wouldnt be pissing money down the drain if you upgraded to one like you would with the corsa. The £500 you plan to spend on it you may as well blow in town, you would have a better time with it!

The other option is to keep the corsa and buy a second car, if it has to be a corsa you could save up a bit longer and buy a gsi for a grand if you wanted a toy.

The mistake most people make is trying to combine their daily driver with their weekend toy, this is false economy as not only are they wasting money on bolt on crap for their shopper that there never going to get back, they arent truely happy with what they have either so the money is just wasted.

Accept your corsa for what it is - a 4 door family hatch designed to keep costs low, and save for something better. You will thank yourself for it when your behind the wheel of something you actually choose to drive and enjoy it, not have to settle for because you have a kid.
am4nf

13th Feb 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come up for air

[Edited on 13-02-2009 by am4nf]
DizzyRebel

13th Feb 09 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, sorry i just hate watching people waste money - then they wonder why were in a recession and a credit crunch!
J450N1984

13th Feb 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somebody make this man Primeminister!

New Poll