corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 3rd forum may aswell try (vts gearbox leak) PICS INCLUDED!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3rd forum may aswell try (vts gearbox leak) PICS INCLUDED!
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   18th Mar 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First things first... yes its not a corsa, had one of those and someone wrote it off the same time they did my back in

Hey i have abit of a leak from gearbox, have taken a few photos n posted on sax-p and got nothing so thought i would post it on here, any help is much appreicated...basically want to know if im right in thinking its the "gear selecter seal" thats gone??? if im totally wrong let me know lol. Just wanna know what part im after and any tips on fitting would also be great.

Many thanks Rob

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by corsa_rob]

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by corsa_rob]
mattievRS

18th Mar 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its the seal on the selector arm that seals the top of the box where it goes into it.

on the other hand its not brake fluid from the brake pipes above is it?

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by m17tty]
corsa_rob

19th Mar 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ill have a look
Richardhhha

19th Mar 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also check that the gearbox housing bolts are fully tightened ive had a few pugs with the same box, come loose and leak..
corsa_rob

19th Mar 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure its not brake fluid...also got a leak of engine oil too bloody french tat i tell you! will have to check prices out tomorrow, need to get it sorted, but dont have enough time atm grrr...engine oil leak looks like it coming from around the head...seems worse than the box leak but im checking the oil level every 2 days or so. Thank you guys for replying anyone else got any ideas please post up as needs sorting before im left car less again all due to 1 twat not braking FFS!
Ste
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have access to citroen parts online so tell me what box it is and what engine and year and i'll see what you need.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Richardhhha

19th Mar 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gaskets are notorious on pugs and citerons... normaly its on the corner (were timing cover is) but not uncommon to leak around the gearbox side
mattievRS

19th Mar 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its leaking at the top of the engine id say rocker cover!
DAZ1985

20th Mar 09 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thiers a breather in the side of the head directly below the one on the rocker cover. Got a pipe on it that goes back to the dipstick. They jus fall out or dont seal proper. Id check thier because that would explain oil on the gearbox
corsa_rob

20th Mar 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daz1985-pretty sure the breathers in the rocket cover, well the crankcase breather? (feeds to the airbox or another?)

Richardhhha- bottom left hand corner this is? So cud be...feel its the rocker cover like

Ste W- im not sure what i need yet, a seal for the selector to box join i guess...just read badgersports thread and he talked about a pin, that was on a different box but similiar like??

french cars confuse me lol THANKS FOR ALL REPLYS! this is why corsasport rocks!
DAZ1985

20th Mar 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their is two breathers, believe me one back into the air in take and one that goes back into the sump and runs along side the dipstick

Is the box overfilled with oil?
I just cant see why its pissing out so far up the box tbh, yes i know when its running it will get moved all over the box
corsa_rob

21st Mar 09 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cheers man i'll have a looksie today after work, box may have been over filled but that seal from the selecter doesnt seem to exist anymore so need to sort that out...my bigger worry seems to be the rocker cover leak now as that is almost dripping off cabling next to the alternator . Believe im going to copy u soon daz...plan to be running a 1.6 sport and a vts at the same time vts off the road while i sort a few things out and just run a sport alongside and visa versa(like the chocolate)
corsa_rob

23rd Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look and cant see anywhere else its coming from other than the selecter arm, had a look in the haynes manual and says gearbox needs to be taken apart by shitreon lol! so im now considering whether or not to do it myself, and confused how the seal goes on :s. Dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for sum1 to put a seal on:@ might go get some quotes with my day off
DAZ1985

23rd Mar 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean it up and try silicon it up abit stop it leaking as much. Not the best way to cure it but may help

New Poll