corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » checking for droplink wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author checking for droplink wear
mattk

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive a knocking from the passenger side of my Punto over rough bumps, I suspect its the drop link, how do I check if its worn though once its up and the wheel is off?
john_c20xe

2nd Jun 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally you will need it on the ground and get under neath hold onto it while someone rocks the car side to side to feel for wear, or tug on it to feel movemoent,

you mau be able to tug up and down, side to side once its int he air.
alan-g-w

2nd Jun 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put you hand on/around the drop link. Move the wheel as john says and you should be able to feel if there's any unwanted play in it.

New Poll