corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to remove steering wheels ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to remove steering wheels ???
tomo2k9

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i need to no how to remove the streeing wheel because one of the storks have broak witch you use to put the lights on, iv got a replament but i dont want to mess with the steering wheel bcause of the air bag just incase that pops out lol need to no asap plz
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you need to remove the steering wheel to change the stalks. I've not looked for a while but I'd have thought it's just a case of removing the steering column cowling then the stalks will unclip/unscrew.

If I'm wrong then removing the steering wheel is fairly simple. Disconnect the battery and leave it for 10 minutes. After that there's 2 torx screws in indents on the back of the steering wheel, undo those then the airbag can be lifted out and disconnected. You'll now be able to see the nut that holds the wheel to the steering column, undo that but DON'T take it off completely, leave it on a few threads, this will stop potential and likely injuries. Now is the hard part, you need to pull on the wheel until it pops off the splines, it's always a hard job but Corsas seem to be renowned for being even harder. Be careful when you're doing it, I managed to break my sunvisor mirror and do my back in when I was changing my steering wheel

The technique that worked for me was basically me and my brother both had our feet in the drivers footwell, one of us on each side of the wheel and pull really hard and it just lets go suddenly (hence not taking the nut off completely)
alan-g-w

19th Sep 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need to remove the steering wheels to get at the stalks as far as I know.
macky

20th Sep 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
You don't need to remove the steering wheels to get at the stalks as far as I know.
daine
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo don`t need to remove the wheel, take off the bottom cowl, prize up the top one, press the retaining clips and slide it out. It will then hang down under the steering wheel so you can remove the wiring plugs

New Poll