corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you wire up more than 4 speakers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you wire up more than 4 speakers?
Root

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head units are sold like "4x50w", so how can I wire up more than 4 speakers? thanks
Jonny.N

22nd Oct 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy an amp? nah serously just bridge the wires together but it will sound shite
Generation

23rd Oct 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it sounds shite, there is no point in him doing it. I'm sure the reason he wants more than 4 is that his well into his music
sampayne21

23rd Oct 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ud be better just changing the existing speakers, go for quality not quantity
Root

23rd Oct 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My current speakers have just blown. They were 60RMS on a 50wx4 head unit, now a 45wx4 head unit because I have just ruined the old head unit...so I'm going to put 2 speakers, minimum 50RMS, in the door pods, already cut the holes, need to fibre glass them, then sand them down and gloss black, then I'm going to make 2 more holes in the door card (not the plastic bit), for another 2 speakers. But I can fit at least another set in the door card, how can I power these without using one headunit which will sound shit. How do these guys in the magazines power like 48 speakers at once?
Root

23rd Oct 09 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if I went for the option of wiring them up using amplifiers...realistically I can only fit a max of 8 speakers as I have my woofer to worry about too.

Think I might just do this...wire up "rear" speakers in the custom door card holes, buy an amp, bolt to backrest like my current one is, then use amp to power 4 more speakers, so I'd have 4 per door. Should sound pretty good.

As far as I know, head units do not take more than 2 amps as I havn't seen the back of a head unit with more than 2 red plugs and 2 blacks.
John

23rd Oct 09 at 05:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
If it sounds shite, there is no point in him doing it. I'm sure the reason he wants more than 4 is that his well into his music

Why do you need more than 4 speakers if you are well into music

You only need an output for every channel, you don't only need one set of phonos per amp.

You can also power more than one speaker from each channel of an amp.

Quality is much better than quantity with sound unless you want to go to some spl competition.
reidy22

23rd Oct 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ave a headunit with 6red and 6 white sub wires but u dont need that many anyway use y plugs 2 join each amp up
Root

23rd Oct 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys. dont have the funds at the minute but I was just curious, thanks

New Poll