corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine management light help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine management light help
Dell

User status: Offline
5th Mar 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After ive driving at speed for about 5-10 mins my engine management light comes on, if I turn the car off and then on again it goes off. Do you think this is to do with the cat and emissions? Or something more serious?

Is it likely to be something that needs sorting asap or could it wait a week? My girlfriend starts work at vauxhall in a week so I think ill be able to swindle some discounts etc. That is..if it can wait that long.

Any ideas?
Aussie GSi

User status: Offline
   6th Mar 03 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey matey,

Could be one of a thousand things man. I'd say wait until you can scam some discounts. But don't quote me on that. I had a problem with my engine where that light was coming on and the revs would go crazy. It ended up being the EGR valve. (Then they replaced it with a faulty one, and it happened again - all happy now with my 3rd EGR - touch wood).

C

New Poll