corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone know about boost controllers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know about boost controllers?
kz

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys...

Had a problem for a while now with my Punto. With my old boost controller no matter how much you adjusted it, it was pretty much always spiking to 30PSI.

I eventually got it down to 20PSI (the maximum you can run on a Seb2 setup) but it just wouldn't hold. Guys over on Puntosports directed me to the best boost controller to get (from 3BarRacing) so I have now installed that. At first no matter what I did I couldn't get it off 8PSI!

I then opened it up to make sure the ball bearing and spring were sitting correctly, only to drop the ball bearing somewhere into my engine bay, doh! So anyway, got a replacement now...

Chucked it back on the other day and at first, after being wound down to about half way it was running about 10PSI and holding...

Just about. However, that's slow, so I tried getting it back to between 15-20PSI. Right now, it's running 20PSI but once again (different boost controller remember!) it just won't hold it will hit 20PSI then instantly drop to 10PSI, and there's no pull in the car at all after the initial acceleration. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Someone suggested running a bleed valve, but I did this on my old setup anyway, and I don't see how it would fit in with my new boost controller. The setups are as follows...

Cheers!

New Poll