corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ?????Securing an amp & sub??????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ?????Securing an amp & sub??????
mark6821

User status: Offline
11th Mar 03 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi about 3 months ago i had mi car broken into and all mi ice nicked even the parcel shelf, ive just got a new system and was wondering how i could prevent it from getting nicked.The sub at the minute is moving around in the boot and i was thinking of putting a piece of of MDF on the bottom of the boot and completly cover it, then screw the sub to it has anyone ever done this if so can you help me in doing this or has anyone got some pics of it done.
ajscorsa

11th Mar 03 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havnt done this but think im going to.

what i was gonna do is raise the bit of mdf up a bit then sink my bass box into it and secure it from under neith and also make a trap door so can hide stuff under the mdf then carpet the mdf.

hope that is some help

d0gz_bollox

11th Mar 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chain n padlock on inside of boot works a treat
shawboy

11th Mar 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d0gz_bollox
chain n padlock on inside of boot works a treat

m8 did this to his nova, no chance of nicking the noise
Frankee_B

12th Mar 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one of those velcro thingies. Its 2 strips of velcro that u attach to the floor which connects to two other velcro strips that u put on the sub box. That way it dont move and u can move it if u need 2 (mdf floor wud b ideal as well). only problem is, it dont solve ur security problem. u cud just stealth ur shelf so no1 thinks theres nething in there, or just keep ur system down around where u live so no1 will no where its parked at nite?
Best thing 2 do wud b 2 smooth the boot. Cant fukin get into ur car then. get a decent alarm as well. wud benefit the rest of ur car in the future 2.
sxi16vjoe

12th Mar 03 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sad reallity is that if they want to get ur system they will.
mine was all bolted with false mdf floor. stealth shelf &it was always on quiet in my street!

get protective tints to. cos thats how they got in the second time!!

New Poll