corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptops for £400 - any ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptops for £400 - any ideas
phil_mcrakkin

User status: Offline
8th Mar 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey I am needing to get a new laptop quite soon as mine has decided to not work and I need one to do University work. I am looking for something relatively cheap and all I need it for is for doing work, watch dvds and just using day to day. Can anyone give me advice on what makes/models are good around this price (higher or lower), also where to buy it.

Cheers
pow
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dell, get on their website and spec the best one you can for £400. Windows 7 is a must.

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by pow]
phil_mcrakkin

8th Mar 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool I will check it out. I have had a Dell till now, was good, didnt have any problems. Any other suggestions?
Chris
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you spec it get the biggest screen as this is hard to change, memory and drive can always be upgraded later.

To get the most of 4Gb you will need a 64bit OS as 32 bit OS will only address 3Gb

New Poll