corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C, Headgasket?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C, Headgasket?
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate just doen his service on his corsa C 1.2, he found the yellow mayo all over the oil cap when he took it off, some1 in a garage told him his head gasket has gone.

I reckon its just condensation though, he has pressure on the expansion tank, no loss in oil or water, starts well and runs fine, does have a little hesitation around 2000 revs but i think this is another issue.

What you reckon.
Bullet Proof SRi

10th Mar 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh forgot to menton, he does do alot of short journeys which i know can lead to mayo build up.

I did also wonder if maybe his thermostat has gone and is makeing the mayo appear, as he is also haveing a bit of trouble with the heater in the car, it does not seem to get as hot as it used to, if you leave it on cold for a while, then quickly turn it to hot hot air comes out for a bit then it cools down.
Scotty C

10th Mar 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do an oil change, clean the breathers out, give it a good run and see how it gets on.
reidy22

10th Mar 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt it will be headgasket maybe change thermostat for sake of the heating mines has mayo on the cap no oil or coolant loss and i do loads of long journeys itll be condensation as i said my car runs spot on
chugga_boom

10th Mar 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see if yu can get ya hands on a die tester, its a tube that u fill with a blue liquid (cant remeber the name of by heart), run the car up till u hear the fans run then very slowly and carfuly take the cap of the header tank,place the tbue in the tank and let it gt at the air in the tank, if the dye turnes yellow its a head gasket as that means theres carbon monoxide in the coolant system,had a m8 with a similar prob and i thought it might hav been a blocked crankshaft breather but did turn out to be the head
hope thats helpfull m8

[Edited on 10-03-2010 by chugga_boom]

New Poll