corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A couple of things? x10xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A couple of things? x10xe
sc0ott

User status: Offline
31st Mar 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best way to straighten up the steering wheel without turning the wheels?
sounds a bit retarded but ive just had the track rod and end changed on the drivers side. the tracking is fine when i drive, the car doesnt steer to side or that but the steering wheel seems to be a bit squint now and its annoying.

and,

The car has EPS, but it feels as if its not working properlly. i feel i need to turn the wheel more than what i normally did and you would think with it having EPS it should straighten itself up after cornering but it no longer does. the EPS light doesnt come on but the light does work.

any ideas?

[Edited on 31-03-2010 by sc0ott]
Joe

31st Mar 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had the tracking checked since the track rod end was fitted?

Ideally adjust the track rods so it centres the wheel, or just take the wheel off and move it round a notch.
sc0ott

31st Mar 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, we just measured the old one and went with that on the new one.

its not the standard steering wheel, its some aftermarket one with a boss. can i just loosen the boss and twist it till it sits straight? this was on the car already when i bought it so i dont know much about this.

New Poll