corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 sport kangaroo and splutters at low revs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 sport kangaroo and splutters at low revs
Rhysfeeney

User status: Offline
20th May 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ive got a 1998 corsa 1.4 sport with the ecotec engine and whenever im driving at a constant speed below about 2000 revs it starts to splutter and kangaroo

when accelerating and at high revs it seems to be fine

So far ive replaced the plugs
Cleaned the egr valve
full service

Im desperate to get this fixed as its really starting to wind me up now

Any ideas, i was thinking of trying the fuel filter next but could that cause something like that?
AcidK1

20th May 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have an induction cone on mine and when i put the original box back on it stopped doing it. :/
Rhysfeeney

20th May 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm mines completely standard, its also got a newish looking lambda sensor on it, i think the previous owner was trying to fix it too
AcidK1

20th May 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new corsa was doing this but only when i tried to drive off, i asume it was the egr valve, threw a bottle of FORTE down it and improved it a little, but all i have done now is unplug it, the EM light stays on but it dosnt do it now
moka

20th May 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rhysfeeney
hi ive got a 1998 corsa 1.4 sport with the ecotec engine and whenever im driving at a constant speed below about 2000 revs it starts to splutter and kangaroo

when accelerating and at high revs it seems to be fine

So far ive replaced the plugs
Cleaned the egr valve
full service

Im desperate to get this fixed as its really starting to wind me up now

Any ideas, i was thinking of trying the fuel filter next but could that cause something like that?

Exactly the same here mate,

I have changed :
plugs
coil pack
oil
oil filter
fuel filter
air filter
coolant temp sensor

I also have a slight ticking noise coming from the injectors, i took it to the garage and without even looking at it (was about to close) they said def sounds like the injectors are going and causing the juddering.

moka

20th May 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its not the injectors i think its going to be the ht leads or the air flow sensor.
moka

28th May 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the issue with mine to be missing a jubilee clip on the throttle body and egr leaking.
Rhysfeeney

29th May 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turned out to be the ht leads! I couldn't believe it cause they looked fine but were quite hard and brittle when I had a proper look. Usually the car splutters under load when ht leads are faulty not crusing along, I ended up changing fuel filter coil pack along the way

New Poll