corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clutch/ flywheel queries

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutch/ flywheel queries
Kev S

User status: Offline
31st May 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi iv braught a lightened flywheel for my corsa (1.6) and if stripped it apart however the one that came off is a pot type and the one iv just braught is flat. can i still fit it? wouldnt screw anything up would it? also would the clutch fit just the same ye? thanks for any help
Kev S

1st Jun 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
jamjar15

1st Jun 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got any pics? not really sure waht you mean but i could probably tell you if there was a pic and you should probably get the bottom end re-balanced if your putting a lighter one on because theres been some nasty stories of them flying off and they'll easily slice through the housing, bulkhead and anything else inbetween it coming off till it stops
jamjar15

1st Jun 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also what did the lightened one orignally come off?
Stu_22

1st Jun 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you need a new clutch but apart from that its fine
swill_omnibus

1st Jun 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And release bearing while your there.
Kev S

1st Jun 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the clutches are different between the two different flywheels? was told the lighter flywheel was off a corsa sport 1.6 aswel? i have a new clutch kit however my dad thinks the pressure plate is a different fitment between the 2 flywheels? as u can tell i am no mechic lol
philip2

2nd Jun 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The flywheel wud want balancing after been lightened but that shud be common practice. But they tend to let go when not machined properly.

If its a flat type, then its off a nova gte/gsi, want a 200 gte/gsi clutch kit.
Pot type clutch u got now wil never fit
Kev S

2nd Jun 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the help. where would be the best place to get a nova gte/ gsi clutch from? what sort of power can they take as id be using it for road rallies? and id hardly car the car highly modified as its all pretty much going to be bolt on bits. cheers
philip2

4th Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a LUK or sach clutch kit from euro car parts, if not running hafl decent power it should be ok id imagine

im going for a luk kit with mine but with a helix organic plate but im building mine with rods, pistons, enem cams, bike carbs, tle manifold etc so about 180bhp but if your only going bolt on bits then you should be fine with stock

New Poll