corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Supercar Sunday v.5.30 *Hot Rod Day!*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Supercar Sunday v.5.30 *Hot Rod Day!*
SVT2888

User status: Offline
4th Jun 10 at 03:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I'm strolling around at Cars and Coffee Irvine on Saturday and run into Frank Filipponio, who as some of you may know is a frequent contributor to Autoblog. He asks me if I'm attending Supercar Sunday the next morning. At this point I was still unsure, as I only go to Supercar Sunday if I hear that they're going to have something special going on. At this point Frank blurts out "It's Hot Rod day..." and something about him not being able to attend, boo hoo! :-D

Sunday morning comes and I'm up bright and early with only 4 hrs of sleep. I wait for my mechanic, whom I've known since I was six, as I had offered to take him to the show. He always brags about the time he went to Modena and took a tour of the Ferrari Factory, so I decided to show some him the type of car gathering I always brag about to him.

We get there and the first thing we spot is a BEAUTIFUL red 300SL Gullwing with it's wings spread and Mille Miglia gear all over the interior. We walk around the Magnuson superchargers trailer and the show reveals it's self, row upon row of glorious Hot Rods take center stage. We walked around for over an hour admiring all the cars. It had to have been at least 1000 cars in attendance. While walking around I found my new favorite Lambo, the 400GT.

I know! I know! The Miura S, of which there was also one in attendance, is supposed to be the end all be all of classic Lambos. But, I don't know The 400 GT just did it for me...I found it even more beautiful than the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso just a few feet from it.

Anyways, other than the beautiful Hot Rods, and the aformentioned Lambos. This show also had a new Gallardo Superleggera, a group of three tungsten grey Ford GT's, an F40, not only the red but also a silver 300SL Gullwing, a HUGE classic Rolls Royce, a Boss 429, a CLK DTM, a Vector W8, Vector Avtech WX-3, 2 RS200's, V8 Focus, amongst other notables.

Well enough of my blabbing, here are my picks of the pics:

As always you can view the full gallery at CNCpics.com

Thanks,

-Leo
nick_sri

4th Jun 10 at 04:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg
SteveW

4th Jun 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fantastic fantastic fantastic...
wish we had more stuff like that over here

thanks for sharing
mike56gte

4th Jun 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant beat a good old hot rod

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Supercar Sunday v.5.30 *Hot Rod Day!* 23 database queries in 0.4841769 seconds