corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Squeek from back of car!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Squeek from back of car!!!
andyjmc

User status: Offline
4th Sep 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all got a 1998 corsa and when im driving about normally etc my car squeeks from back of car and its pretty loud and annoying.Ive checked my shocks,Bushes,Exhaust etc etc and it isnt any of them.Any one got any ideas what it could be and give me a way to fix it? thanks help appreciated!!!!
Ollie-Turbo

4th Sep 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the brakes and wheel bearings?

[Edited on 04-09-2010 by Ollie-Turbo]
andyjmc

4th Sep 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a 1.0 so hasnt got brake etc on back dont think anyway and also how would i check wheel bearing,Dont think it is wheel bearing tho as it sounds as if its cuming from back but its worth a try,What else could it be?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about the rear brakes and rear wheel bearings
andyjmc

4th Sep 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt seem like that sort of squeek if you get what i meen...My front driver seat squeeks when you sit in it and move about and itsa kinda the same sort of squeek coming from the back so im puzzled what it could be? How do i check wheels bearing etc? what am i looking for?
Ollie-Turbo

4th Sep 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jack the back up until the wheels are off the ground and spin the wheel and wiggle it to check for play, but if its only squeeking I doubt you'll find much play but its worth a check.
andyjmc

4th Sep 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill Check that later cuz i dont think it will be that,Dont really no what else to check,Could it be something under back seats?Boot or something like that lol?
3CorsaMeal

4th Sep 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear top mounts where they touch the car?

i've had this and removed the mounts and covered them in coppergrease then put them back
andyjmc

4th Sep 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely if its the wheel bearing soon as i drive the car it would start squeeking till i stop? mine doesnt it squeeks on bumpy ruff roads etc etc but shocks are fine no leaks etc so god knows lol.
SnK

4th Sep 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spray some grease on your boot lock latch and the hinges. 99% certain their dry, the black plastic bit on the boot lock is dry and causing a squeek. I know cos mine did the same haha.
corsav6_mut

4th Sep 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does this at low speeds like car parks and such iv been told its the spring rubbing in the cup iv left it tho as is disappears about 10 mph
combat corsa

5th Sep 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be your jack and so on under the spare wheel or springs rubbin on each other the other thing it could be is your boot catch might need adjusting poss lol

New Poll