corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing a gearbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing a gearbox
dalejones

User status: Offline
27th Sep 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goin to be replacing my gearbox next week and as im skint goin to have a go at it myself, just wanting some advice and tips really as im abit wary on how im goin to do this, as in holdin the engine whilst removeing 2 of the mounts (would you just use a jack to hold up one side of the engine?) would it be easier to just drop the whole engine and do it that way?
dalejones

27th Sep 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a c20xe in a corsa B, F20 box
Edges 58

27th Sep 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use axle stand and a bit of wood so you don't dent the sump
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done mine mate. What a prick it is on your own to. Getting it all off is fine but where the engine wernt made for that car it's tight getting it all on. The box is fucking heavy and arkward to lift back on car yoh have to twist the mother on. So would sugest getting a mate to hel you with that part. But what I did was get everything out of the passagers arch ie, shocks, hub, brakes, arch lining, and the whole drive shaft shit. Then get a trolly jack and some would and jack the engine up by the sump. Lossen off all the box bolts then the rear mount then the front mount. Drop the jack a bit so it's facing downwards not to much other wise you will bust the engine mount. The wrench the box off. Then mate to help you put it on. The same process back wards.

Hope this made sense. Cos I'm typing this on my phone lol.

dalejones

27th Sep 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one for that mate! Yer gna have a go at it next weekend! It's gna be a nightmare I can see it!
dalejones

28th Sep 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n e one else have any tips on how to do this?

New Poll