corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ignition :S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ignition :S
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Oct 10 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car wont turn off when i turn the key and when the keys out the ignition is still on :S help please
Robo C20Let

12th Oct 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all the wires in the engine bay, check all earths
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Oct 10 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be loads of stuff, particularly if you've altered the wiring.

I would start by pulling fuses while the lights are on, see if you can extinguish them in that way. If that doesn't sort it you need to establish which of the main loom feeds is drawing current.
gidged500
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt put the engine in :S so the ones under the dash try removing them when the ignition is on ? and what was the other bit in simple terms please lol
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the wires attatched to the back end of the ignition barrel?
gidged500
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not yet
gidged500
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I went to check my car this morning and put the key in and turned it back and all the lights turned off so I put the jump leads on and now it won't start it cranks but won't run !?!?!
gidged500
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

silly question: there is petrol in it ? lol apart from that have you tried cranking it with the jump leads from another car still on and running?

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by deadliner]
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've put petrol in it and it still won't start so I tried jumping it with another car and no joy :s I need it running for tomorrow as well :s
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:/
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian you were right it was a fuse the fuel pump fuse had gone ! Thanks

New Poll